Make your own spaghetti sauce mix to store in your pantry for an authentic Italian meal in minutes. Pull out of storage to add the your cooked ground beef at a later date.
To Make Mix
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well with wire whisk.
- Spoon mixture into a tightly closed container and store in a cool, dry place.
- Use mix within 6 months. Makes four batches of spaghetti sauce.
To Make Spaghetti Sauce
- Brown 1 lb. lean ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat and drain well.
- Add 2-8 oz. cans tomato sauce, 1-6 oz. can tomato paste, 2-3/4 cups tomato juice or water, and 1/3 cup seasoning mix.
- Reduce heat and simmer spaghetti sauce for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serves 4-6
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|