Spanish cucumber salad (ensalada de pepino) is a perfect dish for a warm day. It is light, tasty, and refreshing.
If you need to prepare something in a hurry or when unexpected guests arrive, this salad is great since it takes just minutes to prepare!
- Peel cucumbers with vegetable peeler or knife. Slice in rounds about 1/8-inch wide.
- Cut tomatoes into eight pieces each.
- Thinly slice red onion into rings. Then, cut the rings in half.
- Place all ingredients into a serving bowl. Sprinkle approximately 1/2 teaspoon of salt over the top.
- Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons vinegar over vegetables and 6 to 7 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Toss salad and taste.
- Adjust ingredients to your taste.
Note: It is common to sprinkle cool water into the salad or to put ice cubes in the bowl if it is a very hot day. Either way, the cold water mixes with the oil and vinegar, making more dressing to dip bread in!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|