Mushrooms and peppers sautéed with plenty of garlic is a versatile dish. It makes a good side dish to accompany meat, chicken or eggs, but can be served as a “tapa” with slices of rustic bread. Preparation is simply slicing the mushrooms, pepper and garlic, then sautéing them in olive oil.
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms (white or brown)
- 1 whole red pepper
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil for sautéeing
- Salt to taste
- This mushrooms, peppers and garlic recipes makes four servings as a side dish.
- Rinse mushrooms under cold water. Trim stems of mushrooms and slice thinly.
- Rinse red pepper and remove stem. Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and devein peppers. Slice in thin strips.
- Peel garlic and thinly slice.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan. Heat on medium. When oil is hot, add mushroom, pepper and garlic slices. Saute until vegetables are soft, being careful not to burn the garlic or over-cook the vegetables. Serve warm.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|