|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 27g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||47%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Large sweet rolls are often served for breakfast or afternoon merienda in Spain. Sometimes the bread is split and topped with sugar while baking. It makes a good breakfast food, served with butter and marmalade or quince membrillo. This easy bread recipe is perfect for beginning cooks and bread makers.
- Gather the ingredients.
- This Spanish Sweet Milk Bread Recipe makes 4 large rolls or 4 servings for breakfast.
- Warm milk and pour into a glass measuring cup. Mix in the dried yeast until completely dissolved. Cover with a small kitchen towel and set in a warm place, away from drafts for 10 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar in a medium-size mixing bowl. Beat egg into the butter-sugar mixture. Add yeast-milk mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour to mixing bowl, a 1/2 cup at a time. Mix in flour with a wooden spoon until dough forms a ball. If necessary, add additional flour 1 Tbsp at a time until soft dough is formed.
- Dust dough with 1 Tbsp flour. Cover bowl with a wet kitchen towel and place in a warm spot, away from drafts. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- After rising, dough will be soft, spongy and sticky. Coat hands with oil. Uncover and knead dough 5-6 times. Separate dough into 4 pieces. Form into balls or rectangles and place on cookie sheet or baking stone. Allow to rise for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F (200 C). Bake bread for 7 minutes. Remove and brush bread with vegetable oil. Return to oven and continue to bake for 7-10 minutes. Remove when bread begins to brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then serve with butter or jam.