- 1 lb. carrots
- 1 lb. Green beans
- 1 can (15 oz.) artichoke hearts
- 1 can (15 oz.) peas
- 2 turnips
- 3 oz. Serrano ham (1 slice, 1/8 inch thick)
- 4 to 6 Tbsp. Spanish olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Yellow onion
- Salt to taste
- Peel and chop the carrots into small cubes. Peel and chop the onion and turnip. Rinse the green beans and snap off the ends. Chop the Serrano ham into very small cubes.
- Pour the olive oil into a large pot and heat on medium. When hot enough, add the chopped onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the chopped ham to the pan and stir. Add the flour, sprinkling it around the pan. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chopped carrots and stir. Cover the mixture with water. And simmer slowly. When the carrots are half-cooked, add the green beans and turnip. Add salt to taste and continue to simmer until vegetables are cooked. They should be slightly soft, but not mushy.
- Once the fresh vegetables are cooked, drain the artichoke hearts and peas, then add to the pan and stir. Make sure that the artichoke hearts and peas are completely heated before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||23 g|