Serves 4 to 6. Please note that the ribs need to be marinated overnight (not included in prep time).
More Spareribs Recipes
- 2 pounds spareribs
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Cut the spareribs apart into 1-inch pieces. Place in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Combine the light soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ketchup, rice wine or sherry, brown sugar, and the chopped garlic. Pour over the spareribs. Cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator, turning occasionally to make sure the ribs are thoroughly coated.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius, set the oven to either 175 degrees Celsius). Dissolve the honey in the boiling water.
- Fill a shallow roasting pan with 1/2-inch of water and place in the bottom of the oven. Place the pork on a rack above the water. Roast the pork for 30 minutes, or until the ribs just begin shrinking and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 degrees Celsius). Brush the spareribs several times with the honey and water mixture during roasting. Remove and cool.
- Spareribs can be cooked ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen. (Thaw the frozen pork in the refrigerator or microwave. Use refrigerated pork within 4 days. Reheat the frozen or refrigerated pork before serving).
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||46 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|