Sangria is so perfect for the summer months. It's cool, refreshing and is so easy to whip together. But summer time isn't the only time you can enjoy this crisp, refreshing beverage!
This sparkling caramel apple cider sangria is a perfect sangria for all of your fall parties and brunches! Serve it with pumpkin spice scones, crepes, or waffles! It also goes well with hot and cold appetizers. Or you can just drink it by itself. No judgements here!
This recipe is really easy to make non-alcoholic, too! Simply substitute vanilla seltzer or sparkling cider for the sparkling wine and 1 cup ginger simple syrup for the liquor. The simple syrup can be made by heating 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup sliced fresh ginger in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Just make sure to let it cool before adding it to the other ingredients! This simple syrup can be kept in the fridge for a week! The ginger liquor can also be left out. It can sometimes be difficult to find. The Canton brand is best!
This drink is definitely best served chilled. The longer it sits, the better the flavors will develop, so giving it 4 hours to chill before a party is best! Make sure to let the apples soak for a while in the liquor, so they will be extra delicious! The sangria can be kept in the fridge for about four days, however the sparkle will start to go away after day two! The sparkling wine can be replaced with pinot grigio, too!
- 1 bottle white wine (chilled sparkling)
- 6 cups apple cider (chilled)
- 3/4 cup vodka (caramel-flavored)
- 1/4 cup liqueur (ginger)
- 2-3 apples (chopped, whatever is in season)
- Chop the apples into a small dice. Make sure to serve the sangria with a ladle, so everyone can scoop out the apples!
- Add the ginger liquor and caramel vodka to the apples. Let them sit together for about 20 minutes.
- Add in the apple cider and the sparkling wine.
- Stir the mixture gently and serve!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||32 g|