For a clever way to serve bubbly, these glittery jello shots are a very grown-up way to celebrate any romantic occasion. Using edible sanding sugar gives these heart-shaped treats an elegant shimmer that's sure to impress your special someone.
- Prep your muffin pan or baking dish by lightly spraying with cooking spray and then wiping out any excess and residue.
- In a small pot or deep pan add champagne and 2 ounces of the lemon-lime soda.
- Sprinkle gelatin on top and let sit for at least 2 minutes to “bloom.” You’ll see a ripply film form on the top.
- Heat the mixture on medium-low heat and whisk continually until the gelatin is dissolved. Be careful not to let the mixture come to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add in remaining lemon-lime soda and let cool a bit.
- Add a few drops of food coloring and stir to mix.
- Pour the mixture into the cavities of your muffin pan or into the baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 4-24 hours to set.
The shots should slide easily out of the muffin pan but you may need to do some careful prodding with a small offset spatula.
If using a baking pan cut the jello into squares and then carefully remove.
Dip the tops into a shallow bowl of sanding sugar and serve!