- 1 large head cabbage (shredded)
- 1 small onion (chopped fine)
- 1 green pepper (chopped fine)
- For the Dressing:
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar (or less, to taste)
- 2/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Combine shredded cabbage, onion, and green pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat dressing ingredients in a medium saucepan until sugar is dissolved and syrup is boiling.
- Pour boiling syrup over cabbage and let stand until salad is cold (do not stir). When cold, cover and place in refrigerator to chill for 24 hours. When ready to serve, stir to mix cabbage. It's nice because you can make it days ahead.
This cabbage slaw recipe shared by Dottie
More Coleslaw Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|