|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||42%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This rotisserie tri-tip roast has a great slow cooked flavor. The spice rub adds a rich southwestern touch. This dish would go well with grilled vegetable kebabs or grilled potatoes.
- 2 to 3 pounds (900 to 1300 g) tri-tip roasts
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
Mix together spices and olive oil in mixing bowl.
Make shallow slits along the meat and rub in spice mixture.
Place in a resealable bag anywhere from 4 hours to overnight.
Preheat grill and slide tri-tips onto the rotisserie skewer.
Secure prongs and place on the grill on high heat for 20 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-high for the remainder of the cooking time or when the internal temperature is between 150 to 165 degrees F/65 to 75 degrees C.
Allow the roast to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.