This spiced apple bread is moist and flavorful. It makes a great quick bread to make for a special occasion or potluck.
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups coarsely chopped apples
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs and vanilla, then stir in chopped apples, raisins, and pecans. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Grease 2 9x5-inch loaf pans and line bottoms with waxed paper. Grease waxed paper. Pour batter into pans, smoothing the top with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Pull out rack and sprinkle loaves with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Continue baking for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; turn out onto a rack. Slice and serve or freeze.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|