Spiced mixed nuts are essential for parties, and this savory blend of nuts will be a hit with your guests. The nuts are seasoned with a mixture of chili powder, cayenne, and garlic salt.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecans (halves)
- 1 cup almonds (whole)
- 1 cup peanuts (dry-roasted unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Add butter to a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan; set the pan in the oven to melt the butter.
- When the butter has melted, remove the pan from the oven; add pecans, almonds, peanuts, and Worcestershire sauce to the melted butter. Gently stir until well mixed.
- Bake the nut mixture until it is toasted, stirring occasionally. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the oven and sprinkle the mixture evenly with chili powder, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Toss until well mixed.
- Transfer the warm nuts to a bowl and serve immediately, or let cool and store them at room temperature in an airtight container until ready to serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|