In this recipe, boneless chicken breasts are dipped in a spiced honey and lime mixture, then the chicken is breaded and baked to perfection.
This is a flavorful oven fried chicken, perfect for an everyday meal.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 scant teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups soft fine bread crumbs*
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Heat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine honey, lime juice, peel, salt, chili powder, cumin, pepper, and cinnamon in a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate.
- In a large bowl combine the bread crumbs, chopped cilantro, and vegetable oil.
- Dip chicken in honey mixture, turning to coat well.
- Add coated chicken to the bread crumb mixture, patting on crumbs.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. According to the USDA, the minimum safe temperature for chicken and other poultry is 165 F. Check for doneness with an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest piece of chicken.
*Save day old bread and process in the food processor. Freeze in food storage bags.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||50 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|