Pumpkin butter and pecans make an extra-special muffin, perfect for fall and winter brunches and holiday parties.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (divided)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin butter (about 12 ounces)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons milk (or half-and-half)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans (chopped and divided use)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease and flour muffin pans or line with muffin/cupcake papers. Heat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin butter, canola oil, milk or half-and-half, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring until well blended. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chopped pecans.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of pecans with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Sprinkle a little over each muffin.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until muffins spring back when lightly touched with a finger.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|