|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This amazing pumpkin pudding is like a pumpkin pie without the crust. It's a rich and creamy pudding, perfectly spiced and baked to perfection.
Enjoy this pumpkin pudding with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 3/4 cups half-and-half (or light cream)
- Optional: whipped cream (or frozen whipped topping, thawed)
- Garnish: chopped pecans or cinnamon sugar
Butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Heat oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk or beat on low speed until blended.
Pour the pumpkin pudding mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Place the baking dish in a larger pan and add boiling water to a depth of about 1 inch.
Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tips and Variations
The pudding may also be baked in individual baking dishes or ramekins. Place the ramekins in a larger pan and fill it with boiling water to a depth of about 1 inch. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
You Might Also Like