The Spiced Silver Bell is a very interesting cocktail that is ideal for holiday celebrations. It features the smooth Camarena Silver Tequila, which is enhanced with a mix of winter spices and ginger beer with a touch of citrus. The ginger beer is a great addition to what would otherwise be a good but not astounding drink. The spiciness of the beer balances out the drink and brings a different spice into the mix while enhancing the cinnamon and allspice of the syrup.
I think that the most intriguing part of this recipe is the cranberry spiced syrup. It is one of those great enhanced simple syrups that you can take into other drinks such as this Virginia's Punch, even adding it to non-seasonal drinks to add a holiday flair. It is definitely one of those that you may want to consider keeping in stock during the winter months.
- Pour the ingredients into a double old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
*Cranberry Spice Syrup Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 teaspoon Whole Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Whole Clove
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1 cup Fresh Cranberries
- Place all ingredients in saucepan over medium low heat.
- Stir continually until skins of cranberries begin to pop and they easily mash with back of spoon.
- Lightly mash cranberries, but not so much to create “sauce.”
- Remove from heat.
- Strain into heat proof container. Allow to cool. Refrigerate.
Recipe Courtesy: Familia Camarena Tequila
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|