This is an excellent fruit and tomato based barbecue sauce for pork and chicken that will add sweet and spicy notes to your barbecued meats.
- 2 pounds apricots (pitted and halved)
- 3 large tomatoes (halved)
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 small sweet onion (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- When sauce has reduced, strain through a sieve.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week after preparation or in the freezer for 3-4 months.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|