This hot and spicy barbecue sauce is a simple combination of ingredients you probably have in your pantry. It's nicely sweetened with molasses, and the hot sauce gives it some pleasant heat.
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Texas Pete's or Frank's)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until thickened and slightly reduced -- about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Note: To lessen the mess as the sauce cooks, I recommend a splatter shield or deep saucepan for this recipe.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|