|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 cups (32 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This hot and spicy barbecue sauce is a simple combination of ingredients you probably have in your pantry. It's nicely sweetened with molasses, and the hot sauce gives it some pleasant heat.
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Texas Pete's or Frank's)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Gather the ingredients.
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until thickened and slightly reduced—about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- To lessen the mess as the sauce cooks, we recommend a splatter shield or deep saucepan for this recipe.