- 1/2 cup/120 mL butter (or margarine)
- 3/4 cup/180 mL bottled hickory-flavored BBQ sauce (or your own creation!)
- 2 Tbs/30 mL lemon juice
- 2 pounds/900 g medium to large shrimp (unshelled)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL dry sherry
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
1. Turn on broiler and melt butter in a 13x9-inch broiler pan, or other broiler-proof dish. Remove pan from oven and stir in BBQ sauce and lemon juice. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Spread out in pan. Sprinkle cayenne pepper, black pepper and garlic powder generously over the shrimp, remembering that shell is on the shrimp and not all seasoning will be absorbed!
2. Broil shrimp five inches from the heat source for four minutes.
Turn shrimp. Add sherry and broil for four minutes longer. Let stand for a few minutes to absorb the spices.
3. Makes 4-6 servings, depending on your "hearty" appetite. I serve it with boiled potatoes in butter and parsley and some other veggie, depending on the season.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|