This spicy carrot salad is made with cooked carrots and a spiced lemon and oil dressing. Cayenne pepper gives this salad a little heat, and the ginger, cinnamon, and cumin give it a nice flavor.
- 1 1/2 lbs. carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick ovals
- 3 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 to 3 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Dash ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped apples
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil.
- Add carrots and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Drain well and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the juice, sugar, oil, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Toss with carrots and raisins or apples.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 3 hours.
You Might Also Like
Favorite Carrot Salad
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|