|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||66%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This cheese sauce is wonderful on cauliflower or other vegetables, or try serving it with a brunch strata or quiche.
A dash of hot pepper sauce adds flavor and a little heat to this easy cheese sauce.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Gather the ingredients.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; stir in flour and mustard until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Cook, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes. Do not let mixture brown.
- Gradually add milk; continue cooking, whisking constantly, until thickened and boiling. Boil 1 minute.
- Add cheese and continue stirring until cheese is melted.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
You Might Also Like