This cheese sauce is wonderful on cauliflower or other vegetables, or try serving it with a brunch strata or quiche.
A dash of hot pepper sauce adds flavor and a little heat to this easy cheese sauce.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in flour and mustard until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Cook, whisking constantly, for two minutes. Do not let mixture brown.
- Gradually add milk.
- Continue cooking, whisking constantly, until thickened and boiling.
- Boil one minute.
- Add cheese and continue stirring until cheese is melted.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|