These are simple chicken wings, rubbed down with spices to give them some heat. You can adjust the amount of cayenne to vary the heat. Serve with blue cheese dressing and carrot and celery sticks.
- 24 whole chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cayenne
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL black pepper
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml dried oregano
1. Combine the spices in a large resealable plastic bag. Take the whole chicken wings and flip the tips around, tucking them in so they don't burn. Toss the chicken wings in the bag with the spices to coat. Let sit in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes
2. Preheat the grill to a medium high heat and set for indirect grilling. When hot, place the chicken wings over the direct heat for 5 minutes, turning frequently.
Then move to the indirect side and grill and continue grilling until done (an internal temperature of 175-180 degrees), turning once. This should take about 20 to 25 minutes. Watch closely to prevent burning.
3. Remove from grill and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||420 g|
|Saturated Fat||117 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||168 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|