This spicy cheese dip is a flavorful seasoned combination of two kinds of cheese and salsa or Picante sauce. Use hot, medium, or mild salsa, and enjoy the dip with crackers or tortilla chips.
Try this easy chili con queso cheese dip for your next party.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup Picante sauce (or salsa)
- 1 small package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- dash paprika
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chile peppers
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Gather the ingredients.
- Saute the chopped onion in butter until tender. Add Picante sauce and stir to blend. Gradually add the cream cheese and shredded cheese. Stir in paprika, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, and salt; continue cooking and stirring until cheese has melted and the mixture is well blended. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips.
- Keep warm in crockpot or chafing dish, if desired.
- Makes about 2 cups.
You Might Also Like