- 3 pound spareribs (the small spareribs sold in racks)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black or white pepper, as desired
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water
- Place the spareribs in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, sesame oil, five-spice powder, pepper and minced garlic.
- Add the mixture to the spareribs and marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 hours. Turn occasionally to make sure the spareribs are completely coated.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place a rack on the cookie sheet and place the pork on the rack.
- Roast the pork for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the ribs just begin shrinking and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush the spareribs with the honey and water mixture several times during roasting. Remove and cool briefly before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||70 g|
|Saturated Fat||25 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|