|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Five-Spice powder and sesame oil come together over these spareribs to make a delicious and spicy Chinese meal.
- 3 pounds spareribs (the small spareribs sold in racks)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black or white pepper, as desired
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water
Place the spareribs in a shallow dish.
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, sesame oil, five-spice powder, pepper and minced garlic.
Add the mixture to the spareribs and marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 hours. Turn occasionally to make sure the spareribs are completely coated.
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place a rack on the cookie sheet and place the pork on the rack.
Roast the pork for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the ribs just begin shrinking and the internal temperature reaches 160 F.
Brush the spareribs with the honey and water mixture several times during roasting. Remove and cool briefly before serving.