This recipe for Spicy Chocolate Bark is made with sweet milk chocolate, candied pecans, and a pinch of cayenne. Sensitive to spice? Omit it entirely and add cinnamon or ginger instead! Love to heat things up? Double the cayenne and feel the burn!
Candied pecans are fairly easy to find in many grocery stores, but if you're looking for a homemade version, you can try this Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans recipe, or browse my full list of candied nut recipes. You can also substitute plain toasted pecans instead.
- 24 ounces milk chocolate (finely chopped or milk chocolate candy coating)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne powder
- 1 1/2 cups candied pecans (coarsely chopped)
- Optional: crushed red peppers for decorating
1. Cover a baking sheet with foil, parchment paper, or waxed paper, and set aside for now.
2. For this recipe, you'll probably want to either use tempered milk chocolate, or milk chocolate candy coating. Both of these options will give you a candy that remains stable, shiny, and solid at room temperature. Simply melting milk chocolate might give you a candy that is soft and easily melted at room temperature.
If you do choose to simply use melted chocolate, it's probably best to store the finished candy the refrigerator. For instructions on tempering chocolate, click here.
3. Temper the milk chocolate or melt the milk chocolate candy coating in the microwave until it is melted and fluid.
4. Add the cayenne powder and the coarsely chopped pecans, and stir until everything is well-mixed and the pecans are well-distributed.
5. Pour the chocolate out onto the prepared baking sheet, and smooth it into an even layer using a spatula or a knife.
6. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the top with a pinch of crushed red peppers as decoration (optional). You could also top the bark with more nuts, if you'd like.
7. Allow the bark to set completely at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Once set, break it into small pieces by hand. Store Spicy Chocolate Bark in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|