|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 pot (4 to 6 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 45g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 23g||117%|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This easy crockpot chowder is made with spicy chorizo sausage, but feel free to substitute another kind of fresh sausage, such as a hot or mild Italian sausage.
- 8 to 12 ounces fresh chorizo sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley (or about 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes)
- 1 package (approx. 5 ounces) Boursin cheese with herbs and garlic, or 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Remove sausage casings and put sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking it into small pieces. Add the onions; cook sausage and onions, stirring frequently, until onions are lightly browned and sausage is no longer pink.
In a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken broth, diced potatoes, cream of chicken soup, parsley, and Boursin or cream cheese. Stir in the cooked sausage and onions, blending ingredients well. Stir in corn.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.