|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This delicious spicy cream sauce with shrimp is a snap to prepare and tastes great over fish or pasta. Shown to the right, below, with red snapper and angel hair pasta.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 to 6 ounces medium to large shrimp (chopped)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning (or to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half (or whole milk)
- 3 to 4 drops Tabasco (or other hot sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
In a heavy saucepan melt the butter over medium-low heat.
Add shrimp and green onions; sauté for about 1 minute, stirring.
Add the flour gradually, stirring constantly. Once all the flour is blended in, gradually stir in the milk, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
Once all the milk has been added, continue to stir and cook over low heat until the sauce thickens; remove from heat and stir in the Tabasco and salt to taste. Blend thoroughly.
Serve as a topping for broiled or grilled mild fish fillets or thin with a little more milk or cream and serve with hot cooked pasta.
Serves 2 to 4, depending on use.