Crockpot Breakfast Burritos could not be any easier. Just dump all of the ingredients in the crockpot, turn it on low overnight, wake up, assemble on warm tortillas, and dig in! It is a perfect recipe to serve for a crowd, especially overnight guests! If you don't need to serve a crowd you can make and assemble these burritos yourself, wrap them up and freeze them! Heat them up individually when you need them for a quick and easy breakfast on the go!
You can mix up the ingredients if you wish! Try making the burritos with bacon or ham instead of sausage. This recipe includes onions and green bell peppers, but other veggies like spinach can also be added! Use different kinds of cheeses or whatever you have on hand! You can control the spiciness as well by omitting the hot sauce or adding more!
Use any kind of salsa you wish! Try a chipotle salsa or a green tomatillo salsa! You can even make a homemade restaurant style salsa!
- 2 lbs. of uncooked breakfast sausage
- 1 package of frozen hash browns
- 14 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of season salt
- 2 tablespoons of hot sauce
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 1 cup of shredded Mexican blend cheese (plus extra for serving)
- 2 avocados (sliced)
- Garnish: salsa and sour cream
- 8-10 burrito size flour tortillas
- Brown the breakfast sausage in a large pan. Be careful not to overcook as it will be cooked in the crockpot as well! Drain the excess oil and set aside.
- Grease our crockpot with a non-stick spray. Place the frozen hash browns in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the onions and green pepper over the top of the potatoes.
- Beat the eggs together with the cheese, hot sauce, pepper and season salt. Pour the eggs over the onions and potatoes. Then top with the cooked breakfast sausage.
- Cook on low, overnight. The low setting cooks for 8 hours, be careful not to let it cook much longer than 8 hours.
- Open the crockpot and stir the ingredients together so that they are completely combined.
- Warm the tortillas, place the sliced avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa into bowls. Allow guests to assemble their burritos on their own. IF you are making them to freeze, place a 1/2 cup of filling into the center of each tortilla, top with any combination of toppings that you wish. Avocado does not freeze as well, so be mindful of that! Roll and fold the burrito, wrap with saran wrap and then wrap with aluminum foil. Place in the freezer. When ready to reheat, remove the foil and microwave for 2-3 minutes. They will keep frozen for 6-8 months!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||68 g|
|Saturated Fat||23 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||19 g|