- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (low fat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons
- Creole seasoning (divided)
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken tenders
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Shortening, canola oil, or peanut oil for deep frying
- In a large food storage bag, combine buttermilk, 1 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. Add chicken; seal and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Combine flour and remaining 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning in a food storage bag. Add the chicken and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Heat about 1/4 to 1/2-inch oil in a deep heavy skillet to about 350°.
- Fry several chicken pieces at a time. Fry, turning several times with tongs, until deep golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes for each batch. Serve with Come Back Sauce, Jezebel Sauce, or Sweet and Sour Sauce.
Related Chicken Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|