Turkey tenderloin pieces are marinated in a simple mixture of milk and spicy seasonings, then they're battered and deep-fried to perfection.
Feel free to use turkey cutlet pieces or chunks of turkey breast in this recipe, or use chicken breasts or chicken tenders.
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey tenderloins
- 3/4 cup half-and-half (or milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bottle of oil for deep frying
- Cut the turkey tenderloins into 1 to 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large food storage bag combine the turkey tenderloins, milk or half-and-half, garlic, and Creole or Cajun seasoning.
- Let the tenderloins marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to about 360 F.
- Dredge the turkey pieces in the flour, coating well. Shake off excess flour.
- Deep fry the turkey nuggets until golden brown, about 4 or 5 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|