These Elk Burgers get a dose of heat from chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. This cuts the gamy flavor a bit without detracting from it. This burger recipe calls for two chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. If you're not a huge fan of spicy things, you can alter the recipe to tone it down. Serve topped with sliced red onion.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground elk meat
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 onion (minced)
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (finely chopped; use less if preferred)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 small red onion (sliced)
1. Place ground elk meat into a large mixing bowl. Add minced onion, garlic, ketchup, chopped chipotle peppers, and salt. Mix well and form into 4 large, equal sized patties.
2. Preheat grill for medium heat. Brush patties with olive oil and place onto grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature of elk patties reach 165 degrees F. Once cooked, remove from heat and serve on burger buns with sliced onions and your other favorite condiments.
3. Use one chipotle pepper instead of two for a less spicy version.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|