This delicious spicy jalapeno cheeseburger recipe is perfect for burger lovers who enjoy their meat with a little heat. Adjust the number of jalapenos used to suit your particular palate.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 to 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 package dried onion soup mix
- 1/2 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea; more if needed)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices American cheese (or cheese of choice)
- Mix all seasonings, including jalapenos, with ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
- Form mixture into 6 half-inch thick patties.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until the desired level of doneness is achieved, though well-done is recommended.
- Place cheese on burgers during the last minute of cooking.
- Once burgers are cooked through and cheese is melted, remove from grill and serve on toasted hamburger buns with additional sliced jalapenos.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|