While this jerk marinade works well for all cuts of beef, the high salt content makes it the perfect marinade for homemade beef or game meat jerky.
- 1 cup/240 mL soy sauce
- 1/3 cup/80 mL canola
- 1/3 cup/80 mL sugar (brown)
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL sherry (cooking variety)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL hot sauce (Tabasco)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ginger (ground)
1. Combine all ingredients until sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Marinate thin strips of meat for about 2 hours. If making ahead, simply store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week after preparation or in the freezer for 3 months.
Read more about making jerky.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|