The flat iron or blade steak is the best of the chuck cuts of beef. This steak gets grilled fast to keep it tender and topped with a spicy pesto to give it extra flavor.
- 4 beef shoulder top blade steaks (6 to 8 ounces/170 to 230 g each)
- For the Spicy Lemon Pesto:
- 1/3 cup/80 mL prepared basil pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh lemon juice
- Optional: 1 teaspoon/5 mL freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL crushed red pepper
- 3 large cloves garlic (minced)
- Salt to taste
1. Combine Spicy Lemon Pesto ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Press garlic evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning once. Season with salt, as desired. Top steaks with pesto. Garnish with lemon peel, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|