These are great party meatballs, cooked in the crockpot or slow cooker. In a hurry? Put purchased frozen beef or turkey meatballs in the crockpot with the easy sauce and cook on high for about 2 hours, until the meatballs are hot and sauce is bubbly. Scroll down to see more meatball recipes.
- For the Meatballs:
- 2 lbs ground beef (chuck, or 85%)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- For the Sauce:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jar orange marmalade (10 to 12 ounces)
- dash cayenne (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine sauce ingredients in slow cooker; cover and cook on high while preparing meatballs.
- Combine meatball ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Shape into 1 to 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; brown on all sides. You might have to do this in batches.
- Place browned meatballs in a 325° oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cooked through (if the skillet isn't ovenproof, transfer to a baking dish). Ground beef should be cooked to at least 160°.
- Transfer meatballs to slow cooker with a slotted spoon. Cover and reduce to low for 2 to 4 hours.
- Serve hot as an appetizer or over rice for a main dish.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|