|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Try this delicious spicy potato salad recipe next time you have a cookout. Your guests will come back for more. The combination of the spicy mustard, fresh horseradish, and red pepper adds depth to this salad.
- 5 large potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup/475 mL mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup/120 mL spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup/60 mL white wine vinegar
- 1/2 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 large or 2 medium stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL horseradish
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL red pepper (or cayenne pepper)
Peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
Boil potatoes in large pot of salted water for 13 to 15 minutes, or until fork tender. Do not overcook.
Remove the potatoes from heat, drain, add to an ice bath for 10 minutes, drain again.
Place potatoes into a large plastic or glass bowl. Add vinegar, garlic, onion, eggs, celery, chives, and mustard to the potatoes.
Gently combine the ingredients, 3 to 4 times around. Be careful, since potatoes are tender and could disintegrate.
Mix mayonnaise, horseradish salt, red pepper, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
Pour mixture over potatoes and gently coat until mixed through. Taste to make sure salt content is okay. If more is needed, add 1/2 teaspoon more.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Make sure to keep salad cool during your cookout.