Try this delicious spicy potato salad recipe next time you have a cookout. Your guests will come back for more. The combination of the spicy mustard, fresh horseradish, and red pepper adds depth to this salad.
- 5 large potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup/475 mL mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup/120 mL spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup/60 mL white wine vinegar
- 1/2 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 large or 2 medium stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL horseradish
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL red pepper (or cayenne pepper)
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Boil potatoes in large pot of salted water for 13 to 15 minutes, or until fork tender. Do not overcook.
- Remove the potatoes from heat, drain, add to an ice bath for 10 minutes, drain again.
- Place potatoes into a large plastic or glass bowl. Add vinegar, garlic, onion, eggs, celery, chives, and mustard to the potatoes.
- Gently combine the ingredients, 3 to 4 times around. Be careful, since potatoes are tender and could disintegrate.
- Mix mayonnaise, horseradish salt, red pepper, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over potatoes and gently coat until mixed through. Taste to make sure salt content is okay. If more is needed, add 1/2 teaspoon more.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Make sure to keep salad cool during your cookout.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|