A great-tasting mixture of spices and breadcrumbs adds heat and flavor to these crispy oven-fried chicken breasts.
The breading is made with fine breadcrumbs, but panko crumbs may be used for an even crispier coating.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 cups fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Dash pepper
- Dash dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- Put chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound lightly to flatten just until you have an even thickness. Brush the chicken breasts with the melted butter.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Press the chicken into the mixture and turn to coat thoroughly. Arrange the coated chicken in the baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, turning after 15 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Chicken is done when the temperature reaches at least 165 F.
- If the Cajun spice blend is salt-free, add about 1 teaspoon of salt to the breadcrumb mixture.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|