This is a great all-purpose poultry rub. It works well on grilled chicken wings or even deep fried turkey. Use Hungarian paprika, if you can find it because it has a much richer, sweeter flavor. While this rub is meant to be spicy, feel free to adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to suit your taste.
- 3/4 cup/180 mL paprika (Hungarian if you have it)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL celery salt
- 1/4 cup/60 mL sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL onion powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL mustard (dry)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL cayenne pepper (use less if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL lemon pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in a cool dry place (a cupboard will do), for up to 6 months after preparation.
To use, simply apply liberally onto poultry. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes and grill, smoke or bake as directed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|