This is a great way to kick up the flavor of turkey wings. The sweet and spicy tomato based sauce packs a punch. Try this wing recipe next time you have a cookout and see just how surprised and delighted your guests will be.
- 8 whole turkey wings, tips removed
- 2 cups/475 mL beef broth
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup/240 mL ketchup
- 1/2 cup/120 mL sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL butter
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL
- Celery salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne
- Cut off wing tips and discard. Split turkey wings and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add onion and sauté until lightly brown.
- Add mustard, sugar, vinegar, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, celery salt, cayenne and 1 1/2 cups/360 mL of the beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup/120 mL of beef broth with the cornstarch. Stir into boiling mixture and continue heating until it thickens.
- Preheat grill. Grill turkey wings over a medium heat for about 20 minutes or until done (juices at the bone will run clear). Baste frequently with sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||286 g|
|Saturated Fat||75 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||92 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|