|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 43g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 22g||112%|
|Total Carbohydrate 43g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Serve this potato soup with biscuits or crusty rolls and a salad for a delicious lunch or dinner.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 12 to 16 ounces andouille sausage or another smoked sausage
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, celery, and diced sausage; sauté until the vegetables are tender and sausage is lightly browned.
Stir the flour into the vegetable mixture until smooth and well-blended; stir in green onions, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring, for 1 minute. Blend in the chicken broth.
Add the diced potatoes, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in the heavy cream and continue cooking until heated through.