Skirt Steaks are very flavorful but can be tough. By applying a wet rub and letting it marinate for a while, the steak will tenderize nicely. Remember to grill it hot and fast and try not to overcook. These steaks are perfect as an entree but can also make a great addition to dishes like tacos.
- 1 3/4 to 1-pound (450 kg) skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sugar (use agave if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon (12.5 mL) chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) vegetable oil
- Trim fat from steak. Cut steak into serving pieces.
- Mash garlic and salt together to form a paste.
- Mix together chili powder, cumin, garlic paste, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, chipotle chili powder, sugar, black pepper, allspice, and oil and rub all over the meat. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag and marinate for up to 1 hour.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Cook steaks until medium rare.
- Remove from grill and cut across grain into thin strips. Serve as desired or try serving it with tortillas or over Spanish rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33,753 g|
|Saturated Fat||12,663 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15,368 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|