|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||54%|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||15%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This pulled pork barbecue is flavored with barbecue sauce and several spices and seasonings.
Complementary spices and mild chile peppers are added to the prepared barbecue sauce in this pulled pork. The extra spices give it a decidedly Southwestern quality.
Serve the pork shredded in sandwiches or in tortillas. Add coleslaw to the sandwiches or continue the Tex-Mex theme with diced onions, tomatoes, and some sour cream or guacamole.
- 1 cup thick barbecue sauce
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 4.5-ounce cans diced green chili peppers
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (2 1/2 to 3 pounds, trimmed)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 package tortillas (or split buns)
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a bowl combine the barbecue sauce, sliced onions, chile peppers, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- Place pork in crockpot; pour the sauce mixture over the pork, lifting pork slightly so the sauce will flow under the roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or until pork is very tender.
- Remove pork to a cutting board and chop or shred with two forks.
- If sauce is very liquid, transfer it to a saucepan. Cook over medium heat on the stovetop until the sauce has reduced and thickened and flavors are concentrated.
- Pour sauce into a serving bowl or leave in slow cooker; stir in the cilantro and the shredded pork.
- Serve with flour tortillas or split sandwich buns.
You Might Also Like