This recipe is popular in the region of Castilla-Leon. Cubes of pork are marinated overnight in a spicy mixture of paprika, garlic, and white wine. Then the pork is quickly stir-fried and served with bread and/or fried potatoes.
This is a very easy Spanish recipe that can be made as a "tapa" to serve a group or a main course to serve four people. This versatile dish that can be adjusted to suit your tastes, if you do not eat pork, you may substitute beef for an equally delicious meal.
- 2 lbs lean pork (cut into 1 inch1-inch)
- 1 tbsp. hot paprika
- 2 tbsp. sweet paprika
- 3 cloves of garlic (diced very small or put through a garlic press)
- 1 cup white wine
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of salt
- 1 loaf French-style bread and/or fried potatoes to accompany
- Place cubes of pork in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle hot paprika, sweet paprika, oregano, and garlic over top. Mix with a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Add the white wine and mix thoroughly. Cover tightly with a lid or plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- After the meat has marinated, place 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan and heat on medium heat. Remove meat from refrigerator and fry in pan. Salt to taste.
BBQ Method: To cook on the barbecue, simply slide meat cubes on skewers and grill, careful not to overcook.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|