This spicy Thai chicken salad is a great flavorful and healthy alternative to the typical heavy mayo-based chicken salad recipes. Packed with peanut-y awesomeness, the sesame peanut dressing is loaded with flavor and makes an amazing sauce for a guilt-free chicken wrap. The herbs bring an unexpected pop of freshness to the sandwich while the sriracha adds a flair of spice. And if you don't like heat, leave off the sriracha and chilis and add a splash of lime juice instead.
Here's a few tips to make this sandwich even more awesome:
- If you don't have rotisserie chicken on hand, try boiling two breasts and shredding them with a fork.
- Don't eat meat but still want to give this sandwich wrap a try, don't worry! Try swapping out the sandwich with tempeh, grilled tofu, or broiled cauliflower.
- If you don't have time to make the sesame peanut dressing by hand, simply buy the packaged variety from the store, taste it, and doctor it up with fresh lime juice, coconut milk, or sweet chili sauce.
- For the Spicy Thai Chicken Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons salted chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha (or less if you don't like heat)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (roughly chopped)
- For the Wrap:
- 1 whole grain wrap
- 1/4 cup Spicy Thai Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup large English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon mint
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon chilis (seeds removed and chopped)
- Optional Garnish: sriracha and toasted sesame seeds
For the Spicy Thai Chicken Salad:
Whisk together salted chunky peanut butter, sweet chili sauce, coconut milk, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha and cilantro in a bowl. Add the pulled rotisserie chicken and stir until incorporated. Cover and set aside.
For the Spicy Thai Chicken Wrap:
Begin by warming the whole grain wrap in the oven or in a pan over low heat.
Smear on the spicy Thai chicken salad (more or less depending on the size of your wrap) and top with cucumber, mint, chopped cilantro, chilis, Sriracha and toasted sesame seeds.
Roll wrap before eating or fold in half and enjoy like a taco. This sandwich can be made up to 4 hours in advance otherwise the cucumbers get soggy and the wrap gets mushy.