Use this delicious tomato jam as a ketchup alternative in meatloaf or on burgers, or serve it with cheese and crackers or as a dip for shrimp or fried seafood.
- *Drop the tomatoes in boiling water and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until skin begins to split, then drop in ice water and let cool slightly. The skin should be easy to remove.
- Combine the tomatoes, spices, sugar, pepper flakes, and lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and reduce heat to low.
- Cook, uncovered, until very thick, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir occasionally to check for thickening and to prevent scorching.
Use this jam as an appetizer spread with cream cheese, on burgers, as a dip, or use it to flavor and top meatloaf instead of ketchup.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|