Spiders never looked so good! For this spider lollipops craft, you need just a handful of ingredients—a lollipop (of course), a few pipe cleaners, and some googly eyes. These simple elements transform a simple lollipop into a cute and creepy spider for Halloween, and it only takes a few minutes.
These spider lollipop crafts make a great party favor or even a Halloween decoration! They're so fast and easy, kids will love to help out with them—just exercise a little caution. Because the pipe cleaners and googly eyes are not edible, make sure you carefully supervise children when they are preparing or enjoying this candy.
Time Required: 15 minutes
What You Need
- 12 round lollipops (like Blow Pops or Tootsie Pops)
- 48 fuzzy pipe cleaners
- 24 googly eyes
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Plug in the hot glue gun and have it preheating.
- Take one lollipop and twist a pipe cleaner around it, just at the base where the lollipop meets the stick. If you twist it tightly, you should only have to go around the lollipop once. Make sure you are twisting the pipe cleaner in the middle so that the pieces on each side of the lollipop are approximately the same size.
- Now take a second pipe cleaner and twist it at a slight diagonal to the first, positioning the pipe cleaner almost on top of the first one. Add a third pipe cleaner across the first two, and finally, twist a fourth pipe cleaner around the other three. Now you should have four "legs" on each side of the lollipop "spider body," for a total of eight spider legs.
- Bend each leg downward about 2 inches from the end, to form the joints of the spider legs. Try to get your spider to stand up—if it tilts backward, adjust the angle of the legs until it can stand.
- Glue two googly eyes onto the top of the pipe cleaners.
- Repeat with remaining lollipops, pipe cleaners, and eyes until all of your spider lollipops have been formed.
- Be sure to supervise small children when they're enjoying these spider lollipops, so they don't accidentally choke on the pipe cleaners or eyes!