This spinach and brown rice bake is flavored with a little parsley and Cheddar cheese. It's so tasty that even kids will enjoy it, and parents will like the fact that it's packed with a full pound of healthy spinach.
- 3/4 cup raw brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or 2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound well-washed fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs or plain wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook brown rice, following package directions. Combine the cooked rice and shredded Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir the two mixtures together and add the raw spinach.
- Pour into a buttered 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Stir together bread crumbs or wheat germ and the 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of spinach casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|