Spinach Rice, aka Bhajee (bah-gee) Rice or Vegetable Rice, is more like a Pulao. It is simply is a dish of rice and spinach cooked together.
This rice dish can be eaten as is or as a vegetarian or vegan dish main dish; or it can be served as an accompaniment to a meat, seafood or poultry dish.
- Add oil to a pot and heat on medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add thyme, pepper, and salt to taste and continue to saute for about 1 minute.
- Add spinach and toss to wilt it and reduce the volume slightly
- Add rice and water, adjust salt to taste, stir, cover and bring to a boil. Let boil for 3 minutes then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid has dried out.
- Fluff with fork and serve
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|