This spinach salad is delicious with crumbled bacon. Add pecans or walnuts to the salad for extra texture and flavor.
- 1 bag/10-12 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated sweet onion (or purple onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup apple (finely chopped)
- Optional Garnish: crumbled cooked bacon and walnut or pecan halves
- Wash spinach and let dry.
- In a bowl whisk together the sugar, vinegar, grated onion, mustard, salt, and vegetable oil. Add the apple.
- Refrigerate spinach and dressing separately until serving time.
- Pour dressing over spinach just before serving and toss. If desired, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and nuts.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|