This spinach salad is delicious with crumbled bacon. Add pecans or walnuts to the salad for extra texture and flavor.
- 1 bag/10-12 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated sweet onion (or purple onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup apple (finely chopped)
- Optional Garnish: crumbled cooked bacon and walnut or pecan halves
Gather the ingredients.
Wash spinach and let dry.
In a bowl whisk together the sugar, vinegar, grated onion, mustard, salt, and vegetable oil. Add the apple.
Refrigerate spinach and dressing separately until serving time.
Pour dressing over spinach just before serving and toss. If desired, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and nuts.