|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||52%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Beef tenderloin is certainly flavorful, but can be quite mild depending on how it is prepared. However, this stuffed recipe is not only mouthwatering and delicious, the stuffing helps to bring out the natural beefiness of the meat. If you are not a fan of raisins, use dried cranberries, dried figs, currants, or simply omit.
- 1 3-pound/1.4 kg beef tenderloin (center cut)
- 6 strips of bacon (cooked, drained, and crumbled)
- 1/2 pound/225 g baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL raisins
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL coarse ground black pepper
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan. Add garlic and sauté until it starts to brown. Add spinach. Toss spinach in the hot pan for about 2 minutes or until is is wilted and softened. Transfer spinach to a bowl. Toss with crumbled bacon, raisins, and dill. Allow to cool.
- Take the beef tenderloin roast and with a knife cut a whole all the way through the center. Try to expand the whole as much as possible. Stuff spinach and bacon mixture into the whole. Tie the roast with kitchen twine to make a tightly packed roast. Brush outside of meat with olive oil and salt and pepper all sides of tenderloin.
- Preheat grill. Sear roast over high, direct heat until browned on the outside (about 15 minutes). Move to indirect heat and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes or until done. Look for an internal temperature of around 135 degrees F for medium rare or 150 degrees F 160 degrees C for medium.
- Once cooked, remove from grill and place onto a good sized cutting board. Tent roast with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Remove string, carve, and serve with your favorite sides.